Karen Rose Smith
Karen Rose Smith was born in the Susquehanna Valley of Pennsylvania. Although she was an only child, she remembers the bonds of an extended family. Since her father came from a family of ten and her mother, a family of seven, there were always aunts, uncles and cousins visiting on weekends. Family is a strong theme in her books and she suspects her childhood memories are the reason.
In college, Karen began writing poetry and also met her husband to be. They both began married life as teachers, but when their son was born, Karen decided to try her hand at a home-decorating business. She returned to teaching for a while but changes in her life led her to writing romance fiction. Now she writes mysteries and romances full time. She is a USA Today best-selling and award-winning author. Her 86th novel, GILT BY ASSOCIATION, will be released in 2015 by Kensington Books.
When she isn't writing, she cares for four rescue cats and a couple of strays, gardens, and cooks. Married to her college sweetheart since 1971, believing in the power of love and commitment, she envisions herself writing relationship novels, both mystery and romance, for a long time to come!
Ten Things About Me
- I was an only child who always longed for a sister.
- During my childhood I always had access to a relative's farm.
- This summer my husband and I took in a stray pregnant cat and helped deliver her kittens.
- When I was in my late twenties, I learned to swim and ride horses!
- I attended the Beatles concert at Dodger Stadium.
- With my cousin I wrote a script for The Monkees tv show.
- I wrote for six years and finished 13 manuscripts before I sold two books in one week to two different publishers.
- I use a tape recorder to write and like to tape on the patio on summer nights under the moon.
- I love 60's fashion.
- I'm a crazy cat lady!
Join Karen Rose Smith's Street Team, Team Caprice
Staged to Death (Book 1) - on sale for only $2.99
Drape Expectations (Book 4)
Coming August 2015